Being Chinese, I was exposed to years and years of pork. Pork was in every dish I consumed, from soups with pork broth, pork chops and knuckles, bak-kwa (SUPER EXPENSEIVE BBQ Pork sold during Chinese New Year), san-cheng rou (the part of the pork with 3 layers of fats), pork dumplings, etcetc.
And when I did a hajamat (traditional Muslim ‘acupuncture’) to remove toxic blood, my state was highly and dangerously toxic. Black spots among super reddish skin (normal muslims had only slightly pink skin where the cup sucked at most). The blood that oozed out was thick like paint. And when I saw this article on the scientific toxicity of pork, I guessed that the many years of consuming pork could possibly be one of the contributing factors to the hidden unhealthiness of my body.
Yes, we can never run away from harm. Even the freshest vegetable, or water, can be harmful to us when taken in excess. But downing a clearly poisonous meat is just asking for it. We can never remove pork from our Chinese culture, but we sure do have a choice to choose what is good for our bodies.
So here’re 15 scientific reasons to PROVE why pork should not be eaten (I say scientific to convince the atheists too):
1) A pig is a real garbage gut. It will eat anything including urine, excrement, dirt, decaying animal flesh, maggots, or decaying vegetables. They will even eat the cancerous growths off other pigs or animals.
2) The meat and fat of a pig absorbs toxins like a sponge. Their meat can be 30 times more toxic than beef or venison.
3) When eating beef or venison, it takes 8 to 9 hours to digest the meat so what little toxins are in the meat are slowly put into our system and can be filtered by the liver. But when pork is eaten, it takes only 4 hours to digest the meat. We thus get a much higher level of toxins within a shorter time.
4) Unlike other mammals, a pig does not sweat or perspire. Perspiration is a means by which toxins are removed from the body. Since a pig does not sweat, the toxins remain within its body and in the meat.
5) Pigs and swine are so poisonous that you can hardly kill them with strychnine or other poisons.
6) Farmers will often pen up pigs within a rattlesnake nest because the pigs will eat the snakes, and if bitten they will not be harmed by the venom.
7) When a pig is butchered, worms and insects take to its flesh sooner and faster than to other animal’s flesh. In a few days the swine flesh is full of worms. Swine and pigs have over a dozen parasites within them, such as tapeworms, flukes, worms, and trichinae. There is no safe temperature at which pork can be cooked to ensure that all these parasites, their cysts, and eggs will be killed.
9) Pig meat has twice as much fat as beef. A 3 oz T bone steak contains 8.5 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork chop contains 18 grams of fat. A 3 oz beef rib has 11.1 grams of fat; a 3 oz pork spare rib has 23.2 grams of fat.
10) Cows have a complex digestive system, having four stomachs. It thus takes over 24 hours to digest their vegetarian diet causing its food to be purified of toxins. In contrast, the swine’s one stomach takes only about 4 hours to digest its foul diet, turning its toxic food into flesh.
11) The swine carries about 30 diseases which can be easily passed to humans. This is why God commanded that we are not even to touch their carcass (Leviticus 11:8).
12) The trichinae worm of the swine is microscopically small, and once ingested can lodge itself in our intestines, muscles, spinal cord or the brain. This results in the disease trichinosis. The symptoms are sometimes lacking, but when present they are mistaken for other diseases, such as typhoid, arthritis, rheumatism, gastritis, MS, meningitis, gall bladder trouble, or acute alcoholism.
13) The pig is so poisonous and filthy, that nature had to prepare him a sewer line or canal running down each leg with an outlet in the bottom of the foot. Out of this hole oozes pus and filth his body cannot pass into its system fast enough. Some of this pus gets into the meat of the pig.
14) According to Jewish law, pork is one of a number of foods forbidden from consumption by Jews. These foods are known as “non-kosher” foods. In order for a meat to be kosher, it must first come from a kosher animal. A kosher animal must be a ruminant and have split hooves – therefore cows, sheep, goats and deer are all kosher, whereas camels and pigs (having each only one sign of kashrut) are not kosher.
15) Quran, Holy book of Muslims also prohibits consumption of pork.
“He has made unlawful for you that which dies of itself and blood and the flesh of swine and that on which the name of any other than Allah has been invoked. But he who is driven by necessity, being neither disobedient nor exceeding the limit, then surely, Allah is Most Forgiving, Merciful.” Quran 2:173
Of course our Creator has given us the health laws through the Holy Quran and not eating pigs is even CLEARLY mentioned in the Bible (Leviticus 11:07)
I have finally bought my set of cooking utensils and serveware for home use. Not that I don’t love my mum’s cooking, believe me I do, but as much as I cannot force people not to eat pork, I will also not let such toxic meat enter my body. The reason “we all will die anyway, why not just enjoy our lives for the moment?” simply does not make sense to me, as I was taught since young, our bodies are the temple of God (1 Corinthians 3:16-17). And we should take care of it.